On the morning of February 24, Putin announced the start of a special operation in Ukraine and the deployment of Russian troops in the Donbas. We publish the main events in the country for the 26th day of Ukraine’s confrontation against Russia.
Ammonia leaked at Sumykhimprom. The radius of the affected area is about 2.5 km. Given the direction of the wind, the village of Novoselytsia was under threat. There is no threat to Sumy at the moment.
A rocket shot down in Kyiv’s Podilskyi district on the evening of March 20 killed eight people. Cars caught fire in the parking lot and 3-4 floors of the shopping center. In addition to the dead, another person was injured. In Kyiv, an enemy shell hit a peaceful yard in Kyiv’s Sviatoshynskyi district. Six people were injured. Several houses were damaged.
Zhytomyr Region was shelled for the first time, 4 people were killed – the head of the OVA Vitaliy Bunechko reported.
In Kherson, the occupiers threw light and noise grenades at pro-Ukrainian protesters and opened fire.
Belarus has said it has withdrawn paratroopers from the 38th Brest Separate Guards Assault Brigade from the Ukrainian border.
They returned to the location.
According to the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry, on March 19, the occupiers deported 2,389 children from the temporarily occupied districts of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts to Russia.
In the Kharkiv region, the occupiers kidnapped the village head for the second time! This time – Mykola Sikalenko, who heads the village of Sirkuny. He was taken straight from his own house and, according to eyewitnesses, taken to the village of Liptsi.
In the afternoon, a Russian fighter was shot down in the sky over Kharkiv region.
On Monday, March 21, more than two dozen buses are trying to leave the evacuation corridors in the direction of Mariupol. The Russian occupiers opened fire on these buses, injuring children.
Today, 8,057 people were evacuated through humanitarian corridors, 3,007 of them from Mariupol to Zaporizhia.
The Russians kidnapped another mayor in the Kherson region – Boryslav Mayor Oleksandr Shapovalov, said the head of the local state administration Gennady Laguta.
Together with a local activist, whose name Laguta does not mention, Shapovalov has been in captivity for three days.
Today in Melitopol, the Russian military abducted three Israeli citizens: Tatiana Kumok and her parents, Vera and Mikhail Kumok.
Summary from the General Staff on the morning of March 21, 2022:
- The intensity of the use of manned aircraft is declining among Russians. To assess the effectiveness of the results of missile and bomb strikes, the enemy used operational and tactical unmanned aerial vehicles.
- The air force of Ukraine for the previous day hit 7 enemy targets: 1 plane, 4 UAVs and 2 cruise missiles.
- The occupiers continue to terrorize the local population and looting in the temporarily occupied territories. The enemy exports home appliances, automobiles, food and other material resources to Russia.
- There are also cases where Russians deploy personnel, weapons and equipment on civilian infrastructure.
- The invaders continue to carry out forced mobilization in the temporarily occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.
The situation in the regions on the morning of March 21, 2022:
- Kyiv region. Constant battles in the direction of the Zhytomyr highway. Makariv community under enemy fire. At night, Petrushky, Shpytky, and the Dmytriv community were fired upon, which caused a fire in private homes. Many villages in the Bucha district are under occupation, which is approaching a humanitarian catastrophe. The enemy is shelling the villages, there is no way to leave. Fighting and shelling in Gostomel, Bucha, Irpen. In the Brovary district on the territory of three communities – enemy vehicles, periodic chaotic shelling. Slavutych – cut off from supply.
- Chernihiv region. Fighting around Chernihiv. Periodically, the Russians fired on the outskirts of the city. There has been no light, water or heat in all of Chernihiv for almost two weeks now. There is almost no connection anywhere in the city, most of them without gas.
- Sumshchina. The shelling of the suburbs of Sumy lasted all night. At about 4 a.m., ammonia tanks at the Khimprom plant were damaged by shelling. There was a leak. The radius of the damage is about 2.5 kilometers, emergency crews of the plant and the SES are working.
- Kharkiv region. At night, shelling intensified in residential areas of Kharkiv. Fighting continues in the region in the direction of Izyum. Humanitarian cargo was delivered to Malaya Rohana yesterday, but communication with 6 people from the convoy who left for Vovchansk, a territory temporarily out of the control of the Armed Forces, was lost.
- Zaporizhzhia region continues to receive columns of refugees from Mariupol.
- Rivne region. Two missile strikes. The corresponding commission works. According to preliminary information, there are wounded and dead.
- Luhansk region. Novodruzhesk, Lysychansk and Rubizhne were shelled at night. Over the past 24hrs, about 20 damaged or destroyed buildings, including 3 apartment buildings and 9 private houses, food warehouse, outbuildings, garages, infrastructure facilities.
- Donetsk region. Maryinka, Ocheretyne, Avdiivka – constant shelling, air strike. On Marinka again – active attempts of breakthrough. Unsuccessful.
- Mariupol – no changes. Today a convoy of buses will leave Zaporizhia for Berdyansk to evacuate people from Berdyansk (those who arrived there from Mariupol on their own).
- Mykolayiv region. There was an air alarm in the city. During the day – shelling of villages near the city. Previously 3 lightly wounded. The fighting continues. Some settlements are without electricity and heat.
- Kherson region. Strong explosions in areas of area near Nikolaevshchina proceed. There were also machine guns in Kherson at night. Details are being clarified.
- Odesa. The night is relatively calm, in the morning – air alarm. Air defense worked.
- Zhytomyr, Kirovohrad, Dnipropetrovsk, Volyn, Zakarpattia, Khmelnytsky, Ternopil, Cherkasy, Lviv, Poltava, Bukovyna, Ivano-Frankivsk, Vinnytsia – relatively quiet.