On the night of February 24, russia openly launched a full-scale war against Ukraine, attacking Kyiv and other cities with missiles.
We have collected all the latest news about what is happening in Ukraine as a result of the Russian aggression on April 4, 2022.
Operational information of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine as of 00:00 on April 4, 2022:
- The enemy temporarily refused to blockade and capture the city of Kyiv. The occupiers continue to launch missile strikes on critical infrastructure throughout Ukraine, trying to sow panic among the population and disrupt the logistics of the Defense Forces.
- The situation in the Volyn region has not changed significantly, certain units of the Belarusian Armed Forces continue to carry out border cover tasks.
- In the Polissya direction, the enemy completes the regrouping and preparation for the redeployment of individual units from the territory of Belarus to Russia. According to available information, some units of the occupiers from the airborne troops are transferred by military transport aircraft to the city of Belgorod. In order to slow down the advance of the Armed Forces units, the occupiers carried out mass chaotic mining not only of previously occupied positions and areas, but also of deployment routes.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, the enemy continues to blockade the city of Kharkiv, inflict artillery strikes on residential areas of the city and try to regroup troops.
- In the Izyum direction, the occupiers tried to resume the offensive, but were unsuccessful.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, the occupiers continued to focus their efforts on capturing the settlements of Rubizhne, Popasna, Troitske, Avdiivka, Marinka, Krasnohorivka, and preparing for an offensive that may begin in the near future in the direction of Severodonetsk and Velyka Donetsk.
- With the support of aircraft and artillery, the enemy continues to storm the city of Mariupol.
- In the South Buzh direction, the enemy focused its efforts during the day on maintaining the occupied positions in the area of n.p. Alexandrovka. He is trying to fight to reach the administrative border of the Kherson region.
Summary of regions as of the morning of April 4:
- Odesa region: the night passed restlessly: rocket shelling of Odesa at night. There is a hit in the infrastructure object. Details are installed.
- Ternopil region: during the air alert, yesterday at about 22:30 the enemy dropped an enemy object on the territory of the oil depot in Ternopil. There are no victims. SES and police officers are working on the spot.
- Kharkiv region: in the evening the occupiers fired on the Slobidsky district of Kharkiv – 7 people were killed and 34 wounded, including 3 children. The fighting continues in the Izium direction.
- Donetsk: Marinka – attempted offensive, repulsed attack. Now everything is under control. Avdiivka – rocket-propelled grenades. There are wounded civilians, damaged houses and infrastructure. Krasnohorivka, Vuhledar, Svitlodarsk – shelling. Mariupol – no changes, blockade. The green corridor promised for the Red Cross did not work.
- Luhansk region: almost all cities – under constant mortar fire, fires everywhere. The extent of the destruction and the data on the wounded and dead are currently being established. Yesterday, during the artillery shelling in Novodruzhesk, two volunteers who were handing out humanitarian aid to people were killed.
- Mykolayiv region: in the city – shelling day and night. Data on the victims of the shelling at night are being clarified. This morning sleeping areas of Nikolaev were fired at again. Data on the victims are being clarified. The city of Ochakov was shelled last night, there are dead and wounded.
- Kherson region: the situation there is deteriorating. Explosions and shelling – throughout the region, especially on the borders of Dnipropetrovsk and Mykolayiv. There is no electricity or water in the villages, no medicine at all, and shops have been closed since the beginning of the war. The situation is critical. Over the past 24hrs, 67 settlements have been left without electricity and water supply.
- Chernihiv Region: The Armed Forces of Ukraine are currently inspecting the liberated villages of the oblast in the northern part and closer to the border. There were no shellings of Chernihiv, constant air alarms.
- Kyiv region: clearing and demining continues in Bucha, Vyshhorod and Brovary districts. In the communities that were under occupation, demining, restoration of gas, electricity, communications, and humanitarian aid are being carried out. Law enforcement agencies also record crimes committed by the occupiers against civilians. An intensified curfew has been set.
Summary of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine as of 12:00 on April 4, 2022:
- In the Polissya direction, there is a high probability of missile and bomb strikes on military and civilian infrastructure from aircraft operating in Belarus.
- In the Volyn direction without changes: the Belarusian military continues to cover the border.
- The occupiers are preparing for an offensive in the direction of Slavyansk.
- The occupiers continue to block Kharkiv, shelling the city with artillery. High probability of bombing the city. According to the General Staff, the Russians are tightening air cover for important facilities near Belgorod (Russia) and areas of concentration of troops in the Kharkiv direction.
- To clarify the position of the Armed Forces, the enemy conducted reconnaissance with the help of a drone near Barvinkovo (Kharkiv region). The occupiers are also trying to rebuild the bridge across the Seversky Donets near Izyum. A reconnaissance battle took place near Brazhkivka, but without success, so the enemy retreated to the previously occupied frontiers.
- The occupiers are also concentrated in the settlements of Rubizhne and Popasna, preparations are underway to attack Severodonetsk and gain full control of Mariupol. In April 4 alone, 8 air strikes were carried out in the city, street fights continue.
- In the South Bug area, Ukrainian troops are pushing the occupiers away in the Kherson region. The enemy carried out air reconnaissance from the drone around Nikolaev.
- The activity of the enemy’s naval group in the Black Sea is reduced due to difficult weather conditions (storm up to 4 points). The rest of the enemy fleet performs tasks in the Black Sea and Azov zones.
- In addition, the movement of russian units in russia and Belarus is recorded. Thus, in the northern direction, the enemy completed the withdrawal of units from the Central Military District to the Kursk region and began their further movement.
As a result of the April 4 shelling by russian occupiers, civilians were killed and wounded in Kharkiv. Among the victims are children. Everyone was taken to a hospital in Kharkiv. All the victims have nothing to do with the military.
During April 4, Ukrainian defenders from the Allied Forces successfully repulsed 7 attacks by the occupiers in the Donetsk and Luhansk areas and destroyed 7 enemy tanks, 8 units of armored vehicles and 3 enemy artillery systems.
In addition, the enemy carried out another attack in the area of the operational and tactical group “East”. Ukrainian defenders destroyed up to 30 occupiers, 2 tanks, 3 armored personnel carriers, 2 D-30s and a mortar shell.
On the night of April 4, the occupiers struck at Odessa. The missiles did not hit the target, but there is damage to non-residential buildings. There are no victims, other circumstances are being clarified, according to the operational command “South”.
The occupiers fired on the church in Rubizhne in the Luhansk region. Two priests were injured.
Nikolaev fired at cluster shells. 1 child and 1 person died as a result of attack of children’s hospital of Nikolaev located in the city center. Another 9 people died because of a shell that hit the shopping malls at the bus stop. In addition, 61 people were injured, said the head of the OBA Vitaly Kim.
In Volyn, Ukrainian air defense forces shot down an air target. The wreckage fell on the building of one of the settlements. There are no victims, said OVA chairman Yuriy Pohulyayko.
russian equipment and artillery left the Sumy region, but small groups of russians are still wanted. The territory is being cleaned up, OVA Chairman Dmytro Zhyvytskyi said.
As of April 4, the Ukrainian military repulsed the occupiers from all over the Zhytomyr region.
President Volodymyr Zelensky visited Bucha. He inspected the road with destroyed russian equipment and talked to locals. The president said that russia was committing war crimes and genocide, BBC Ukraine reports.
The American company Maxar Technologies presented satellite images from the city of Bucha in Kyiv region. It was noticed in the photo that the first signs of preparation of the place for the mass grave on the territory of the Church of St. Andrew the First-Called and All Saints were on March 10.
A spokesman for the Odessa military administration, Serhiy Bratchuk, said that the occupiers fired a rocket at one of Odessa’s facilities at night.
The hacker group Anonymous stated that it had “merged” the personal data of 120,000 Russian occupiers who entered Ukraine.
From 10:00 on April 4, the car service between Chernihiv and Kyiv was resumed. Travel is possible by the route to Goncharivske (or the old Kyiv road). Movement is possible in both directions. In the first days it is recommended to refrain from mass trips so as not to interfere with the delivery of aid and other important goods.
In Nikolaev the rescue operation is completed after in the morning on March 29 occupants hit the building of regional administration. Now the destroyed building is only protected, the chairman of the Nikolaev area Vitaly Kim reported on air of a telemarathon. On April 3, the SES reported 36 deaths and 34 injuries.
russia has lost about 18.3 thousand troops in the war against Ukraine, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine said on the morning of April 4.
In addition, among the losses of the Russian Federation:
• 647 tanks
• 1844 armored combat vehicles
• 330 artillery systems
• 107 MLRS
• 54 means of air defense
• 147 aircraft
• 134 helicopters
• 1273 units of automotive equipment
• 7 ships / boats
• 76 fuel tanks
• 92 UAVs of operational and tactical level
• 25 units of special equipment
• 4 OTRK / TRK launchers.
According to online publications.