The 58th day of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine continues.
The main thing for the day April 22, 2022:
Russian troops shelled Kharkiv with artillery, the enemy does not weaken the pressure in the Donbass, only half a day later the Russians fired at 20 settlements in the Donetsk region. Explosions were also heard in the Kherson region, in some villages a humanitarian catastrophe is brewing.
The russians fired Hurricane at the regional trauma hospital in Liman, Donetsk region.
Slavyansk was fired, probably with cluster bombs – locals are asked to evacuate.
In the north of the Zaporozhye region, an AN-26 aircraft crashed while performing a technical flight – there are victims, the circumstances are being clarified.
The russian army called the task of the russian troops in the “second phase of the special operation” the establishment of complete control over the Donbass and southern Ukraine.
The Armed Forces of Ukraine repelled the offensive in Rubizhne, said the chairman of the Luhansk Police Department Serhiy Gaidai. Currently, defense battles are continuing in Novotoshkovsky and Popasnaya.
The Ukrainian military destroyed the enemy air defense system and multiple launch rocket systems in the Kharkiv region.
According to Ukrainian intelligence, vladimir putin’s regime plans to enlist russian guards and russian FSB structures to further attack the Azovstal plant in the blocked Mariupol.
The SBU warned Ukrainians about possible sabotage by the Russians at Easter. In particular, people are advised to refrain from mass events, including worship.
Volodymyr Marchuk, chairman of the Novovorontsovskaya UTC of the Kherson region, was released from Russian captivity.
Mayor Oleshek of the Kherson region Yevgeny Ryshchuk said that from April 23, Russian troops take control and responsibility for the city.
Russia has officially admitted that it wants to control both the east and the south of Ukraine. According to a Russian military official, control over the Donbass will allow creating a land corridor in Crimea and influencing vital facilities of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. And control over the south of Ukraine will give the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation another outlet to Transnistria, where there are facts of harassment of the Russian-speaking population.
At a charity auction from Prozorro. Sales of the legendary brand with the ship sold for UAH 5 million! The withdrawn money goes to the needs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
A Russian cruise missile was spotted in the sky over the South Ukrainian nuclear power plant. Energoatom published a video and appealed to the IAEA with a demand to take all possible measures to stop Russia’s nuclear terrorism.
Irina Vereshchuk on humanitarian corridors and occupiers: “The Russians refuse to open the corridor for civilians, cynically pretending that they do not understand the difference between the corridor for the surrender of the military and the humanitarian corridor for the evacuation of civilians. The official Russian speakers are provided, but our civilians for some reason do not want to use it.”
Summary of the General Staff at 18:00 April 22, 2022:
- in the Izyum direction, the enemy conducts aerial reconnaissance of the positions of Ukrainian troops in order to determine possible directions of attack. To improve the tactical position of the units, the Russians are trying to advance in the directions of the settlements of Zavody and Dibrovna, but there is no success.
- in the Donetsk and Tauride directions, hostilities took place along the entire line of confrontation.
During the day, the enemy carried out assault actions in the direction of the city of Slavyansk, entrenched in the village of Lozovoye. In the areas of Zelenaya Dolina and Kreminnaya, the enemy continues to consolidate in occupied positions, regroup and prepare for offensive operations. The occupiers are reinforcing the troops by moving separate units of the 41st Combined Arms Army of the Central Military District from russia. They are unsuccessfully trying to gain a foothold in the village of Rubizhnoye. In the Popasnaya area, the enemy carried out assault operations in the direction of the settlement of Novotoshkovskoye and deep into the settlement of Popasnaya, but was not successful. He entrenched himself in the central part of the settlement of Stepnoye. On the Avdeevsky and Kurakhovsky directions, the occupiers tried to carry out assault actions, but they did not succeed.
- in the Mariupol direction, the enemy continued air strikes on Mariupol and blocked our units in the Azovstal area.
in the Zaporozhye direction, the russians made an assault in the direction of the village of Zelenoe Pole, but they did not succeed. The enemy strengthened the group by moving units of the 19th motorized rifle division of the 58th combined arms army of the Southern Military District. At the same time, the battalion tactical group of the 127th motorized rifle division of the 5th combined arms army lost its combat capability and was withdrawn to the recovery area.
- in the Yuzhnobuzhsky direction, in the area of \u200b\u200bthe settlement of Aleksandrovka, the enemy is defending the occupied positions. Conducts aerial reconnaissance. The conduct of assault operations to reach the administrative borders of the Kherson region is not ruled out.
- russians are serving on a daily basis in the so-called “Pridnestrovian-Moldovan Republic”. At the same time, there remains the possibility of using the territory of the unrecognized republic for aggression against Ukraine.
How the night went in the regions – briefly about the main thing:
- Kharkiv region: in Kharkiv, Russians periodically launched artillery strikes at night,
Warehouse buildings were on fire in the Kievsky district of the city. In the region there are active battles lasting in the Izyum direction.
Luhansk region: During April 21, the Russian army carried out 11 shellings: Severodonetsk, Lisichansk, Popasnaya, Rubizhne, Gornaya community. 4 civilians and 3 policemen injured, 7 houses destroyed
- Donetsk region: the situation is stably tense along the entire front line. Avdiivka, Marinka, Vuhledar – shelling does not stop. For several days now, there has been an aggravation near Liman, after shelling by Grads, the regional traumatology is on fire, the number of wounded is being established.
- Mariupol without significant changes, despite the enemy’s statements about the capture of the city. Azovstal is holding on.
- Kherson region: strong explosions were heard at the outskirts of the city at night. The villages of the Berislavsky district (Novovorontsovskaya, Vysokopolskaya, Velikoaleksandrovskaya, Kalinovskaya TG) and part of the villages of the Kherson region (Chernobaevskaya, Stanislavskaya TG) are on the verge of a humanitarian catastrophe.
- Nikolaevskaya: on the evening of April 21, Nikolaev received rocket attacks – there is no information about the victims yet. The situation in the region is under control.
- in Volhynia, Transcarpathia, Rivne, Ivano-Frankivsk, Khmelnitsky, Bukovina, Lvov, Odessa, Dnepropetrovsk, Zaporozhye, Vinnytsia, Ternopil, Kyiv, Poltava, Zhytomyr, Kirovohrad, Cherkassy, Sumy and Chernigov – peace.
As of the morning of April 22, russia’s losses among personnel amount to more than 21,200 military personnel. Also destroyed:
- tanks – 838 (+9);
- armored combat vehicles (AFVs) – 2162 (+44);
- artillery systems – 397 (+4);
- multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS) – 138 (+2);
- air defense systems – 69 (+2);
- aircraft – 176 (+4);
- helicopters – 153 (+2);
- automotive equipment – 1523 (+15);
- light speedboats/ships – 8 (+0);
- fuel tanks – 76 (+0);
- drones of the operational-tactical level – 172 (+6);
- special equipment – 27 (+0);
- OTRK launchers – 4 (+0).
Based on materials https://zaxid.net and https://www.pravda.com.ua/