Day 43 Ukraine defends itself against Russia and drives its army out of its territories.
Kyiv region was completely liberated from the occupiers, Chernihiv region and Sumy region were practically liberated.
Russian troops remain in the Kharkiv region and are probably preparing an attempted intensified offensive in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions. Authorities have advised residents of the last two oblasts to leave for as long as possible.
Mariupol remains under terrible siege, the Russians began to burn the dead in mobile crematoria.
The situation in the regions as of 8 am on April 7 (russians are concentrating shelling in the east and south):
Kharkiv region: at night the occupiers fired on the residential areas of the city again. There were missile strikes on Lozova in the region – no one was injured. The evacuation of the population continues in Lozova and Barvinkovo/
Luhansk region: the Russians could not enter Novotoshkivske, they are firing at the Mountain Community with all kinds of weapons. The roof of the Severodonetsk hospital and residential buildings in Lysychansk caught fire. There is destruction of outbuildings in Lysychansk, Severodonetsk, Novodruzhesk and Toshkivka. At night, firefighters dealt with the blaze after setting fire to the roof of a hospital in Severodonetsk, leaving at least 10 houses on fire.
Donetsk region: Maryinka, Novomykhailivka – attacks using enemy artillery and aircraft. Avdiivka, Ocheretinskaya TG, Toretskaya TG – shelling. The extent of the destruction and the number of victims are being determined.
Mariupol without changes – blockade, resistance continues.
Kherson region: in the last days there were many explosions, in particular, hail launches. There are reports of destroyed homes, schools, the wounded and the dead. People are trying to leave the occupied villages on their own. The region needs humanitarian aid and evacuation of people, in particular, Beryslav district and villages on the border with Mykolayiv region.
In Volyn, Zakarpattia, Dnipropetrovsk, Rivne, Ivano-Frankivsk, Bukovyna, Lviv, Khmelnytsky, Kyiv, Kirovohrad, Odesa, Mykolaiv Ternopil, Zhytomyr, Sumy, Cherkasy, Chernihiv, and Poltava regions – the night passed peacefully.
Russian “Medusa” published a video of a drone shot from March 23 to 30, 2022 in Bucha, which proves that the inhabitants of the town were killed during the Russian occupation.
Bucha was visited by Martin Griffiths, UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator. He studied the evidence of crimes committed by Ukrainian occupiers on Ukrainian soil. Griffiths attended the mass burial of the dead Buchans and listened to the horrific stories of witnesses.
Russia has been expelled from the UN Human Rights Council.
The first container town for temporary stay of Ukrainians who are forced to evacuate from hot spots has started to be built in Lviv. “These are 88 housing containers that can accommodate more than 350 people. One house can accommodate 2-4 people. Inside there is everything you need – furniture, light, heat. Bathrooms and dining room are located in the town,” said Sadovy.
The US Senate has passed a bill that will allow Joe Biden to more effectively send weapons to Ukraine and make other deliveries in the face of the Russian invasion. The idea for the bill is better known as the Lend-Lease, a groundbreaking World War II program that allowed the United States to quickly replenish Allied supplies without procedural obstacles.
As of April 7, 4,676 people had been evacuated.
From Mariupol to Zaporizhia – 1,205 people by own transport
From Berdyansk to Zaporizhia – 2,051 people by own transport
From the cities of Zaporizhia region: Pologi, Vasylivka, Berdyansk and Melitopol – 2,050 people
From the cities of Lysychansk, Severodonetsk, Rubizhne and Kreminna in the Luhansk region – 1,420 people.
Evacuation is planned for April 8:
Melitopol – Zaporozhye. Place of gathering of people – st. Ivana Alekseeva, 12 (fire department 10). A convoy of 9 buses is to arrive. They will also deliver humanitarian aid.
From the city of Tokmak. 2 buses have already arrived there. Meeting place – st. Shevchenko, 5
In the morning, buses will leave Zaporizhia to evacuate people from the city of Berdyansk.
The russians once again fired on the civilian population of Kharkiv and the district. There are dead.
Three places of mass burial were found in Bucha. The bodies of 320 killed residents have already been found in the city, but their number is constantly increasing.
Summary of the General Staff as of 6 pm on April 7:
• The enemy continues to prepare for an offensive in eastern Ukraine. Regroups troops for the offensive. Increases the aviation component and control systems, continues to conduct reconnaissance. The enemy’s main efforts are focused on capturing Mariupol, conducting an offensive near the city of Izyum and trying to break through the defenses in the Donetsk direction.
• In the South Bug area, the Russians are trying to prevent further advance of the Armed Forces and improve the tactical position of their units in some areas.
• In the Volyn direction, there is a possibility of enemy missile strikes on military and civilian infrastructure from the territory of Belarus.
• In the Polissya direction, the enemy did not take active action, the occupying forces deployed to the territory of Belarus are conducting demonstration actions to prevent the transfer of units of the Armed Forces from the specified area to other areas.
• Separate units of the occupiers of the Eastern Military District and airborne troops, which after leaving Ukraine regain combat capability and regroup on the territory of Belarus, are likely to be sent to strengthen enemy troops in the Slobozhansky direction.
• In the Kharkiv area, five battalions of enemy tactical groups continue to blockade the city and fire on it from multiple rocket launchers, artillery and mortars.
• The occupiers hold the city of Izyum, trying to continue the offensive in the direction of Slavyansk and Barvinkove.
• In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, the invaders continue to fire and storm. Inflicts rocket and bomb strikes, conducts artillery fire on the civilian infrastructure of settlements. The port of Berdyansk is used by the occupiers to transfer weapons, military equipment and personnel.
• The enemy also intensified efforts in the Severodonetsk direction. He is trying to continue the offensive in the areas of Donetsk, Novotoshkivske and Popasna.
The enemy also tried to launch an offensive in the areas of Marinka, Borivske and Solodke. Attempts to attack were unsuccessful.
• It is likely that the occupiers will soon try to break through the defense of our troops in the Severodonetsk, Avdiivka and Kurakhov districts.
• In the South Bug direction, the enemy fired artillery, and in some areas used army aircraft. He is trying to continue the offensive in the direction of Oleksandrivka.
• Russian naval groups in the Black and Azov Seas continue to launch missile strikes on Ukrainian territory, isolate the area of hostilities and reconnaissance.
• The occupying power continues to restrict the rights of Ukrainian citizens in the temporarily occupied territories. Thus, in the Zaporozhye region, the Russian occupiers banned males from leaving for free territories. The shortage of basic necessities, especially food, is growing, which could further complicate the humanitarian situation in the region occupied by the Russian occupiers.
Total estimated enemy combat losses from February 24 to April 7:
• 18,900 people
• 698 tanks
• 1891 armored combat vehicles
• 332 artillery systems
• 108 MLRS
• 55 air defense facilities
• 150 aircraft
• 135 helicopters
• 1358 units of automotive equipment
• 7 ships / boats
• 76 fuel tanks
• 111 UAVs of operational and tactical level
• 25 units of special equipment
• 4 OTRK / TRK launchers.
According to https://www.pravda.com.ua